Double logs from the KDC

Jeremy Hunt jeremyh at optimation.com.au
Wed Nov 30 17:16:09 EST 2005

Fredrik Tolf wrote:
> I checked the code you mention, but as far as I am able to tell, the
> first one only runs in case no log specifications have been loaded
> (if(log_control.log_nentries == 0)). Therefore, I cannot see that being
> the cause for double messages. It also doesn't explain why the ordinary
> logfile receives double messages. Unless I've missed something, that is?
>
> I guess I'll recompile the KDC with debug support and see what I can
> find.
>
> Fredrik Tolf

Yes, you are absolutely right. My fix makes no difference. But in my
"new" development environment the problem has gone away anyway.

Until I can get access to our test production environment I cannot say
it has gone away with any certainty. If it helps you, I have moved from
version 1.3.5 to 1.4.3, and assumed I had the same problem. If there is
a version issue, this alone may have fixed it. If it is something to do
with the environment in production (production test setup has the same
problem) then I won't know until late this week or early next week.

Good luck with your investigations anyway.

Jeremy