Double logs from the KDC

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Mon Nov 28 23:30:53 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 18:59 -0500, Kevin Coffman wrote:
> my guess would be that you have another krb5.conf file which is being
> read and has the same logging directives.  (or you have them specified
> in kdc.conf as well?)

Is it possible to have the KDC load multiple Kerberos config files? How
is that set up? I thought /etc/krb5.conf was hardwired.

> If possible, you might run under strace to see which krb5.conf file(s)
> are being used.

I straced it, but I couldn't find any hint of it reading any other
config file than krb5.conf and kdc.conf. krb5.conf is only read once,
and it contains only one logging directive. kdc.conf is read twice for
some reason, but it doesn't contain any logging directives.

Thanks for the ideas, but I can't seem to get any further on that. Do
you have any more ideas?

Fredrik Tolf