Handling credentials cache on Win32 without loading krbcc32s.exe?

ltcwong@msn.com ltcwong at msn.com
Mon Nov 28 20:41:16 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm new to Kerberos, so please pardon me if I'm asking something very
stupid or obvious...

Is it possible to use the MIT Kerberos v5 library without loading
krbcc32s.exe?  It seems like it has to get loaded in order for the
credentials cache library to work, but is it possible to use the rest
of the library without creating a credentials cache?  i.e. let the
application itself hold the Kerberos ticket.

Many methods in the MIT Kerberos v5 API require a krb5_ccache structure
in their parameter list.  Is it possible to obtain Kerberos tickets and
get authenticated etc, without using any of these methods?  Thanks a
lot!

Cheers,
T.C.