X.509 Interop

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Thu Nov 17 01:49:22 EST 2005

rektide at gmail.com wrote:
> What is available for interop between Kerberos and X.509?  I'm not
> really sure what I'm planning yet, but I enjoy kerberos for single sign
> on, and at the same time I plan on moving many of my applications
> towards X.509.  It'd be nice to have some way to unite the two.
>
> Regards,
> Rektide

Platforms that support the "Public Cryptography for Initial Ticket
Acquisition" standard will allow you to use your X.509 certificate
to obtain a Kerberos TGT.

The CITI group at UMichigan also has a project that allows you to
use a Kerberos service ticket to obtain an X.509 certificate with
the same lifetime as the Kerberos ticket.

Jeffrey Altman