gss-client gss-server issues

Kerberos Student kerberos_student at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 15 13:44:08 EST 2005

I'm trying to test with gss-client and gss-server but am unsuccessful in
getting it to work.

I have setup a MIT Realm and added a client.  I am able to kinit and get a
ticket from the KDC.
If I run "gss-server -port 8888 -verbose host"
It loads fine

When I go to run "gss-client -port 8888 server.fqdn host "Hello""
I get the following errors:
GSS-API error initializing context: Miscellaneous failure
GSS-API error initializing context: Generic error (see e-text)

On the server I get the following errors:
GSS-API error initializing context: Miscellaneous failure
GSS-API error initializing context: Wrong principal in request

In looking at a network trace it looks as if the client requested a ticket
for itself (the client) and provided that to ther server instead of
providing the server with a ticket for the server.

Any help is appreciated.