Solaris telnetd failure with Heimdal client

Dave Love d.love at dl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 3 11:57:27 EST 2005

The Heimdal telnet client with -x causes the SEAM telnetd on Solaris 8
and 9 to dump core.  With Solaris 10's telnetd it fails with `Bad
encryption type'.  There's clearly a SEAM bug if it crashes, but does
anyone know if the Heimdal client is at fault somehow, as others must
have tried this combination?  (It works with the MIT daemon, giving
similar authdebug output, and the Solaris client works with the same
tickets/keytab/krb5.conf.)

For what it's worth, this is with Heimdal 0.6 and 0.7, the latest (but
old) SEAM servers and all Solaris 10 updates from a month or two ago
when the patch server last let me update.  [I made a support call, of
course, but our contract appears useless when a non-Sun client crashes
a network process.]