ckermit on Mac OS 10.3.9 with Kerberos?

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Fri May 27 10:51:27 EDT 2005

Ed Ravin wrote:

> I'm new to Mac OS X, so I suspect I'm missing something about the way
> linking works in this environment.  I also made the possibly-naive
> assumption that I could link to the Mac OS X Kerberos libraries the
> same way I would build with the MIT libraries, as the OS X Kerberos seems
> to be a port of MIT.

C-Kermit does not build for MacOSX with Kerberos because it relies on
some interfaces and symbols which are considered private and are not
exported by the libraries.

I have placed an untested binary built on MacOS X at

  /afs/athena.mit.edu/user/j/a/jaltman/Public/kermit/kermit.macosx103.secure
  http://web.mit.edu/jaltman/Public/kermit/kermit.macosx103.secure

Unfortunately, source is not available.

Jeffrey Altman