Commercial use of MIT Kerberos

=?big5?B?p2Sr2KpGXChKYW1lcyBXdVwp?= james at ares.com.tw
Wed May 25 21:31:48 EDT 2005

Thank you very much.

Best Regard,

   James WU

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rachel Elizabeth Dillon" <red at mit.edu>
To: "XdXXXF(James Wu)" <james at ares.com.tw>
Cc: <kerberos at mit.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 3:20 AM
Subject: Re: Commercial use of MIT Kerberos

The license is available here:

http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/krb5-1.4/krb5-1.4.1/doc/krb5-user/Copyright.html#Copyright

Among, I am sure, other places. The gist of it is that you don't
need the written permission of MIT to use Kerberos for commercial
use, nor will MIT endorse or support your commercial use of the
software. International use of Kerberos may be subject to US export
law; see here: http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/index.html
I'm pretty sure you're fine, but I don't speak for MIT here; I am
neither a lawyer nor a member of the Kerberos team, just an alum
who happens to use Kerberos.

Hope this helps,

-r.