Build problem make fails with Tcl errors when compiling MIT Kerberos

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue May 24 19:13:26 EDT 2005

On May 24, 2005, at 18:39, Michael Andrewjeski wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> In trying to compile krb5-1.35 on RedHat 3.0 WS, I'm seeing an error
> having to do with tcl_ovsec_kadm.c.

(You do realize that 1.4.1 is out?)

> It seems as though make is having a problem with tcl. If I use
> configure
> --with-tcl= and point it to the tcl.h
> On my machine it doesn't work at all.

The directory specified by --with-tcl= should have a subdirectory "lib"
that contains a file "tclConfig.sh", which the configure script will
attempt to extract configuration information from.  (This would be the
directory prefix used for installing Tcl.)  If you gave it the path of
the tcl.h file, or the include directory containing it, try deleting
config.cache at the top level and re-running configure with the correct
path.

If that's not the problem, please let us know what the actual
build-time error is.  If it can't find tcl.h, show us the compilation
options and tclConfig.sh, and tell us where tcl.h lives on your system.

Ken