Linux client kerberos problem with attempted nfsv4 connection...

Jeffrey C Albro jalbro at bu.edu
Mon May 23 16:30:47 EDT 2005

  kdc = kerberos3.bu.edu
  admin_server = kerberos1.bu.edu
 }

[domain_realm]
 .bu.edu = bu.edu
 bu.edu = bu.edu
 server.bu.edu = AD.BU.EDU

[kdc]
 profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[appdefaults]
 pam = {
   debug = false
   ticket_lifetime = 36000
   renew_lifetime = 36000
   forwardable = true
   krb4_convert = false
   ignore_afs = true
   minimum_uid = 3000
 }

###############################

When I comment out these lines:

#dns_lookup_realm = false
#dns_lookup_kdc = false

the messages change to:

May 23 16:21:58 client rpc.gssd[6442]: Using keytab file
'/etc/krb5.keytab'
May 23 16:21:58 client rpc.gssd[6442]: WARNING: Client not found in
Kerberos database while getting initial ticket for principal
'nfs/client.bu.edu at AD.BU.EDU' from keytab 'FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab'
May 23 16:21:58 client rpc.gssd[6442]: ERROR: No usable machine
credentials obtained
May 23 16:21:58 client rpc.gssd[6442]: WARNING: Failed to obtain machine
credentials for connection to server server.bu.edu

Sooo....  It seems I have something screwed up with the keytab and realm.

 -Jeff