Porting k5start to Heimdal

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed May 4 19:07:12 EDT 2005

Luke Howard <lukeh at padl.com> writes:

> Note that also Heimdal includes the kcm daemon, which can effectively do
> the same thing (acquire credentials using a keytab, and/or keep on
> renewing them).

One thing I'll throw out (maybe as an incentive to get people interested
enough to help!) is that k5start can also run aklog or afslog
automatically on each ticket renewal and, if the right libraries are
available, can create a new PAG to hold those credentials when running a
particular command.  Both I just added in the past couple of weeks so that
we could replace an old shell script we used to use called runauth.

> It would be great to see k5start work with Heimdal -- I think I might
> have tried at one point but given up :-)

I've fixed all the trivial compilation problems, but I'm now at the point
where I really need help from someone who has a full Heimdal environment,
since I'm not sure what problems I'm seeing are due to our local mostly
MIT environment and what problems are real problems.  I also am not sure
why certain things would be failing.  :/