krb5 on 64bit processor

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue May 3 19:28:38 EDT 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 11:43, prashant sodhiya wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> does any version of MIT kerberos-5 has support for 64 bit processors..

Sure.  We've been using alpha, ultrasparc (in 64-bit mode) and opteron
systems running UNIX-type software to test the 1.4 release, and I think
we used all of them with the 1.3 release too.  There are occasional
problems, but mostly they've had more to do with, e.g., our RPC library
not being able to register a service with the NetBSD rpcbind daemon,
not 64-bit-specific issues.  (Which is not to say that there might not
still be some issues, like large-file support, that may be related to
doing some things in 64-bit math, but the basic stuff seems to be
working.)

64-bit Windows, that's another story....

Ken