Pam kerberos vs. Kinit

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Mar 18 10:38:42 EST 2005

Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
> The problem I see on uskng pam krb is that ticket is on server not on
> workstation.  Maybe you could use flag addressless to fix this issue.  but I
> am not sure.

No. The problem as I understand it, is that on the same machine doing a kinit
vs using the pam_krb5 give diffentet results. The pam_krb5 in effect is
doing a kinit for you. One works the other does not.

A network trace would help a lot.

If Wyllys is correct then doing a ls -l on the ticket cache after
the kinit could give a clue. A ticket without a PAC is 200-300 bytes.
With a PAC it would be more like 1000 bytes.