Kerberos and windows problem ...

Dennis Davis D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 12:46:01 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, daylebo wrote:

> From: daylebo <daylebo5 at gmail.com>
> To: kerberos at mit.edu
> Date: 16 Mar 2005 04:19:09 -0800
> Subject: Re: Kerberos and windows problem ...
>
> > Windows does not support 3DES.  You must only generate RC4 or
> > single DES keys for the host principal.  In general, if you have
> > support for RC4 then do not generate DES at all.
>
> pls can u give me a few more details how to do teh above... i
> checked in the kadmin util .. but me can't find any option for
> RC4...

It's the -e option to the addprinc, ktadd etc commands in kadmin.
Specify one or more of the encryption types specified in the System
Administrator's Guide.  For example:

addprinc -e "rc4-hmac:normal des-cbc-md4:normal" ...

(Oh boy, I hope I've got that right.  Never used it myself, always
 relied on the defaults :-)
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk               Phone: +44 1225 386101