kip

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 14 15:15:49 EST 2005

On Mar 14, 2005, at 07:11, bleak26 wrote:
> How does kerberos over ip or kip differ from normal kerberos? and is
> it as
> secure as normall kerberos ?

I'm not sure what you're talking about ... the only "kip" I can find
reference to in the Kerberos world is an IP tunnel scheme based on
Kerberos v4 and shipped by KTH.  It isn't "Kerberos over IP", it's "IP
over a tunnel which has been negotiated (or secured or something) using
Kerberos".  So comparing this IP tunnel scheme to "normal Kerberos"
doesn't really make much sense.

And "normal Kerberos" uses IP (specifically, the UDP and TCP protocols
in the IP stack), so again comparing "Kerberos over IP" versus "normal
Kerberos" doesn't seem to make much sense.

If you had something else in mind, please specify.

Ken