Assorted Kerberos goodies

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Fri Mar 4 21:49:44 EST 2005

Hi!

I just wanted to notify everyone of a few small Kerberos goodies I
recently wrote. They are just a couple of really small utilities that I
wrote for curing my common Kerberos nuisances. I thought that maybe my
nuisances are someone else's nuisances as well, so I might as well
advertise them.

1. A Kerberos "ticket renewal agent". It sits in the background and
renews tickets periodically. It can be called like ssh-agent (calling
another child process in turn, that is), so it is practical to use in
the Xsession script so that your tickets are renewed automagically.
2. A Kerberos PAM module for autologin. GDM (the GNOME Display Manager)
can be configured to log a user in automatically at system boot. This
module can be called from the gdm-autologin PAM stack to obtain a ticket
non-interactively using a key stored in a keytab.

These two can be found on
<http://www.dolda2000.com/~fredrik/krb5-utils/>.

3. A patch for GNU screen that integrates Kerberos support into screen.
It makes a copy of the ccache when screen starts, and renews the tickets
periodically. A rationale can be found on the home page.

This can be found on <http://www.dolda2000.com/~fredrik/patches/>.

They are all released under the GNU GPL2, so use or abuse them however
you will or won't.

Also, I'd be very glad if someone could try and see if they work with
Heimdal. I've only tested them with MIT Kerberos.

Fredrik Tolf