Solaris 8 and mit kdc

fsoliv fsoliv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 07:10:31 EDT 2005

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I  have been out of the office this past
week and only now I had some time to get back to this issue.
Here is what is going on:

When I rlogin from solaris8 machines to solaris 8 machines with the command:
#/usr/krb5/bin/rlogin -F  usolaris8machine I get the error message:
#Unable to connect with Kerberos V5, trying normal rlogin
#Enter Kerberos password:

When I rlogin from linux machines  (/usr/kerberos/bin/rlogin -F
solaris8machine) to solaris 8 machines I get :

#Couldn't authenticate to server: Bad application version was sent
(via sendauth)
#Trying krb4 rlogin...
#krb_sendauth failed: You have no tickets cached
#trying normal rlogin (/usr/bin/rlogin)
#/usr/bin/rlogin: invalid option -- F
#usage: rlogin [ -8EL] [-e char] [ -l username ] host

Before typing this command I do kinit -f  username.

Also, i can't find a field in seam's krb5.conf file to configure the
location of the keytabs. I have  placed the krb5.keytab extracted from
a linux machine into /etc/krb5/.

Any help is appreatiated,

F.