Default ticket lifetime

Christian Pfaffel-Janser flash at itp.tu-graz.ac.at
Wed Jun 29 06:13:37 EDT 2005

Ryan Underwood <nemesis-lists at icequake.net> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 09:36:42PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Ryan Underwood <nemesis-lists at icequake.net> writes:
> >
> > > From the Changelog, it looks like this was disabled sometime in 1996 and
> > > never revisited.  But this is what I was referring to in my original
> > > post.  Was this a bad idea for some reason?
> >
> > It looks more like an effort was made to add it, but never really
> > finished.
> >
> > Anyway, that's libdefaults.  Looking at the source of kinit for 1.4, it
> > sure looks like my original message was *supposed* to be right:
>
> Woops; I'm using 1.3.6 from Debian.  I guess that means this feature has
> been recently added?

On debian sarge You could use heimdal-clients on Your workstations in
the meantime (probably not on machines where You do kerberos administrative
work). Kinit from heimdal evaluates the appdefaults section
properly.

Hth,

Christian

--
Dipl.-Ing. Christian Pfaffel-Janser <flash at itp.tugraz.at>
Technische Universität Graz                 Telefon: +43 / 316 / 873 - 81 90