Default ticket lifetime

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Tue Jun 28 23:18:50 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 08:04:16PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Ryan Underwood <nemesis-lists at icequake.net> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to set a default ticket lifetime longer than the 10 hour
> > default in /etc/krb5.conf (without hacking the source).  It appears
> > that
> > at one point there was a tkt_lifetime option, but that it was later
> > removed.  Is there any way to do this in the current krb5
> > distribution
> > or any plans to implement something similar?
>
> default_lifetime in the [appdefaults] section, I believe.

I've tried this in both the appdefaults and realms sections with no
effect.  Additionally, it does not turn up in a source grep.

I should mention that I am able to obtain tickets of the correct length
by using the '-l' option to kinit, so the KDC and principals are
apparently configured correctly.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>