kpropd fails on multihomed KDCs set up according to FAQ

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 24 18:25:57 EDT 2005

On Jun 24, 2005, at 16:27, Michael Marziani wrote:
> I'm using Solaris 9.  I know that I've confined the problem to the
> multihoming
> because if I remove multihoming on kdc1 and re-try the replication, it
> works
> fine.  Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?.

I believe it's a kprop bug, not a problem in how you've set up your
system.  (Yes, kprop, not kpropd; the kprop side puts addresses into a
message to be sent, and the server side correctly notices that the
sender address included is not the address the sender is actually
using, and rejects it.)

Ken