Programming in Kerberos

brian.joh@comcast.net brian.joh at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 13:16:12 EDT 2005

Right, but there are also interfaces that are intended for public use
that can
only be found by looking at the source.  For instance, when I looked at
the
source to some of the Kerberos applications in the standard
distribution, I
found no one uses krb5_get_in_tkt() or any of its variants anymore.
Instead,
applications generally use the newer, but undocumented
krb5_get_init_creds_password().  Given that many of the commonly used
functions like krb5_get_init_creds_password are totally undocumented,
newbies, like me, HAVE to read the source, or risk using an older
and possibly deprecated interface.