Error in building Kerberos on Slackware 10.1

Sylvain Robitaille syl at alcor.concordia.ca
Tue Jun 14 13:46:12 EDT 2005

Madhusudan Singh wrote:

> I am trying to build MIT Kerberos 5 on a Slackware server which will
> act as an OpenAFS server (and a Kerberos application-server client).

I have Kerberos running successfully on

One question:

>         ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/kerberos5 --without-krb4 \
>                     --with-system-db --with-tcl=/usr/include/ \
>                     --enable-athena

Why "--with-system-db"?

I have used the following options to configure (not including the
installation-path related options), with no trouble:

   ./configure ... \
               --without-krb4 \
               --enable-shared \
               --enable-kdc-replay-cache

>         2. What is going wrong above ?

I would recommend removing the "--with-system-db" configure option and
see if you have the same trouble.

Sylvain Robitaille                              syl at alcor.concordia.ca

Systems analyst                                   Concordia University
Instructional & Information Technology        Montreal, Quebec, Canada