Kerberos, Samba3, Authldap

Harold A. Mackey mackey at musc.edu
Fri Jun 10 10:24:42 EDT 2005

Folks

Here at MUSC we have an authLdap system and Samba for filesharing. I am
trying to get these people to consider putting up a KDC rather than use
samba hashes. Trouble is, AD is a leper amongst the faithful, and they are
saying that Samba3 will not work with Kerberos authentication:

                                       ____________

WinClient-------------------------|                    |

MacOSX Client-----------------| authldap       |---------------------|

*NixClient------------------|__________|              ___|__________

       |_________________________________| KDC                  |

|_____________|

        |___________________________________________________________Samba3
box

I have seen and am trying to config my AD domain to pass tickets to my
FreeBSD server, but can I use authldap as the 'ad' element and still provide
tickets that a Samba3 server will accept? The Samba shares reside on a Sun
box, and ldap is on Linux.

Something like this, but for win/mac clients also.

https://sec.miljovern.no/bin/view/Info/HeimdalKerberosSambaAndOpenLdap

Many Thanks,

Harold A. Mackey

MUSC Digestive Disease Center