Kerberos for Windows 2.6.5 ccname FILE: issues

Noah Hughes noah.hughes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 22:47:14 EDT 2005

I have found these problems when running Kerberos for Windows 2.6.5:

When I use the environment variable %KRB5CCNAME% and set it to
"FILE:c:\temp\krbcache" without the quotes it works fine.  Leash is
able to create and renew, but uses 100% CPU time when I try to destroy
the ticket.

Also kdestoy.exe does not destroy the ticket and also fails giving an
error message

"kdestroy: No credentials cache found while destroying cache"

When I use the registry key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MIT\kerberos5,cnname" to
"FILE:c:\temp\krbcache"

Again Leash is able to create and renew, but it uses 100% CPU when you
try to destroy the ticket.  However, kdestroy is able to destory the
ticket using this method.

Is there any way to get Leash to destory this ticket when using the
FILE:c:\temp\krbcache?

Thanks

Noah Hughes