Assertion failuers

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 8 02:40:29 EDT 2005

On Jul 8, 2005, at 00:56, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 10:37:52PM -0400, Ken Raeburn wrote:
>> Without a bit more data, it's hard to tell.  Do these applications
>> link
>> against the pthread library?  Did you give any interesting options
>> when
>> configuring the Kerberos code?  What did configure report when it went
>> looking for pthread_once?
>
> Well, with openssh it's simply
> --with-kerberos5=/usr/lsd/kerberos/default

Sorry, I meant when configuring the Kerberos code.  If you didn't give
any special options, then how it chose to initialize the library
probably comes down to whether there's a stub for pthread_once in the C
library, and maybe which compiler and linker got used for the build.

If you still have the krb5 build tree, could you grep for 'pthread' in
the config.cache file at the top of the build tree?

> Here's and ldd output (note that /usr/lsd/kerberos/default is the same
> as
> /usr/lsd/kerberos/5-1.4.1 in this case - it's a symlink):

Looks like no pthread library there...

And yes, going into the Kerberos code will cause it to check whether
the initializers got run (and in most configurations, the first time,
should actually run the initializers).

Please try out the attached patch.  It's a bit more paranoid about
checking for real pthread support versus broken stubs.  If that doesn't
fix it, we'll need to do some debugging to figure out what's going
wrong.

Ken