Default ticket lifetime

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 4 15:18:32 EDT 2005

Ryan Underwood <nemesis-lists at icequake.net> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:04:40AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> All that code to support appdefault configuration in kinit is a local
>> modification, which is also why default_lifetime was working for us
>> locally but isn't working for you.

> Hmm, so are you saying that in 1.4 this doesn't exist either?  If so,
> would it be a bad idea to merge it?

There is a libdefaults setting that's supported in 1.4, just not an
appdefaults setting.  We locally added a ton of additional appdefaults
settings for our site, but it's a bit entangled with other bits of code
that probably aren't wanted upstream, particularly now that K4 support is
being dropped (since that's what most of it was for).

If I get a chance, I'll separate out just that part of the patch and then
see if anyone's interested.