Kerberos authentication on multi-homed servers

Matthew Willis mwillis at ecornell.com
Mon Jan 24 14:16:45 EST 2005

I have a question on how folks are dealing with using Kerberos on
multi-homed servers, where each NIC has a different hostname.

For example, imagine a server with a "front-end" NIC connected to the
Internet (server.domain.foo), and a "back-end" NIC on the backup
network (server-backup.internal.domain.foo)/
If I want to ssh into the server via the back-end NIC, how can I copy
the existing "host/server.domain.foo at REALM.FOO" principal to also
handle "host/server-backup.internal.domain.foo at REALM.FOO" in
krb5.keytab?

-lilmatt

--
Matthew Willis