AW: AW: Example for kinit -S ... ?

Barbat, Calin c.barbat at osram.de
Mon Jan 24 03:38:09 EST 2005

Hi Juan,

OK. :-)
What I'm trying to do now, is RFC calls by SNC between two SAP instances.
And I'm asking if I need to require a service ticket from the other instance or not, that is to say:

As wd1adm: kinit -S SAPServiceWD2/<domain>@<REALM>
As wd2adm: kinit -S SAPServiceWD1/<domain>@<REALM>

But then I'd need to provide passwords, if I understand it well. Which I want to avoid, in order to make it cron-able without writing passwords in the crontab. Is it possible?
And what about authenticating the SAP user which makes the RFC call, especially if it is a background job?
How can it be done?

Best regards,

Calin.