Krb5 API vs. GSSAPI

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Wed Jan 19 00:13:21 EST 2005

>Is that so? I've only ever seen Kerberos being carried out over GSSAPI.
>What others are there?

Here is a list that Martin Rex of SAP posted to the ietf-kitten mailing
list (to which I would add SPNEGO and NTLM):

ietf mechanism:         Company (Country)

    Kerberos 5             MIT, CyberSafe, CA/Platinum, Microsoft, heimdal
    SPKM                   Entrust (CA), Shym (US), Baltimore (US)

proprietary mechanisms:

    AM-DCE                 Bull (FR)
    (propr.)               Sagem (FR)
    sdti,rsakeon,trustnet  TFS-Tech (SE) former RSA/SDTI
    safelayer              Safelayer (SP)
    NEC Secureware         NEC (JP)
    itsec                  UBS/ITsec (CH)
    Adnovum GSSv2          UBS/Adnovum (CH)
    ISign/secui            Penta Security Systems (South Korea)
    Sisler                 Siemens India (India)
    cpro                   Mecomp (RU)
    lissi                  Lissi (RU)
    kobil                  Kobil GmbH (DE)
    T-Secure               secunet/Telekom (DE)

-- Luke