MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos

Heilke, Rainer Rainer.Heilke at atcoitek.com
Tue Jan 11 11:26:06 EST 2005

BTW, as a further clarification, the system was installed initially
using our MIT Kerberos build (i.e. the same as we use on all of the
Solaris 8 machines). I am now trying to get it to work with the Solaris
10 SEAM.

One problem I see immediately (refreshing my memory with a couple quick
tests) is that, when using the Sol10 SEAM to install the keytab, I
immediately get:

# kadmin -p rheilke/admin
Authenticating as principal rheilke/admin at ATCOTEST.CA with password.
Password for rheilke/admin at ATCOTEST.CA:
kadmin:  ktadd host/salty.atcotest.ca
kadmin: Communication failure with server while changing
host/salty.atcotest.ca's key
kadmin:

So, the Sol10 SEAM cannot seem to talk to the KDC.

Rainer