Kerberos authentication between XP and 2000 server

mdj_frend@yahoo.com mdj_frend at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 05:14:54 EST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to use Windows 2000 server as KDC for an XP machine.I read
that, by default if the 2000 server is configured as DC,kerberos is
used as authentication method by default.I am not able to authenticate
using Kerberos.

Steps done:
I have configured the windows 2000 server as DC and added the XP
as  computer to it and also added a user. I am able to login to the DC.
I have downloaded the ktray tools from the microsoft site.

On DC, when I use the ktray tool,I can see the
client name: Administrator at MYDOMAIN.COM
service name: krbtgt/MYDOMAIN.COM at MYDOMAIN.COM
taget name : krbtgt/MYDOMAIN.COM at MYDOMAIN.COM

On XP, I see nothing :(
Can any body please say what could be the problem ?

Thanks.