Six Kerberos/OS X/SSH observations and questions

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 27 18:42:25 EST 2005

    Yeechang> It took me quite a while to figure out why Kerberos SSH
    Yeechang> connections *didn't* work to and from the iBook; for
    Yeechang> others' benefit, it's due to the change in OpenSSH 3.8
    Yeechang> from gssapi to gssapi-with-mic. The OS X OpenSSH is
    Yeechang> still at 3.6.1p1 (and Fink's version is 3.7.1p1), while
    Yeechang> Fedora's OpenSSH is 3.9p1.

The sources for the Debian openssh-packages based off the 3.8.1
sources (see ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssh-krb5 )
support both gssapi and gssapiwithmic.  I'd expect them to build on
most systems.

--Sam