afs to k5 conversion keytypes

Mike Dopheide dopheide at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 21 17:35:40 EST 2005

Steve,

To my knowledge there is no way to convert keys like you're wanting to do.
My suggestion, if it's possible in your environment, would be to implement
a password expiration policy with a deadline of a few months and let
everyone gradually change their password.

The inevitable problem with that is the thousands of users who fail to
change their password and end up not being able to login.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

-Mike