SSO concept with kerberos

qwerty qwerty at seed.net.tw
Wed Feb 16 21:57:49 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm new to kerberos.I have been reading the docs on your site and google
more,but still don't understand well.
As far as I know,LDAP and Samba can work well as a single-sign-on in the
combination of windows and *nix-like env.But strictly speaking,it is so
called  single-password in a central account database.If I understood
correctly,implement kerberos would let the things lightful.Whatever
tools(web,application on OS....) we are using will have a real
single-sign-on world.Just sign on once in a period of time,everyone can
access all resource without entering the account/password again.Right?