what kinit does with pam lib modules

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Thu Feb 10 13:15:46 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 12:57 -0800, k wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Does anybody know if I can obtain and cache kerberos ticket-granting
> tickets, using the PAM lib modules calls (like pam_start.. etc)?
> Or if I can do what kinit does programmatically somehow?

I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly, but if you're
referring to let a PAM-enabled login program log in through Kerberos and
store the credentials so that the user may use them, then it's the
pam_krb5 module that you want to look at.

If you're referring to writing a program that uses PAM to authenticate
users, and you already have pam_krb5 installed and then want to store
the credentials locally, then it is the pam_setcred function you want to
look at.

If none of those match your scenario, I'll have to ask you to clarify
your question a bit.

Hope it helps,
Fredrik Tolf