RFC 1510

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Tue Feb 8 12:44:52 EST 2005

On Tuesday, February 08, 2005 12:17:11 PM -0500 Dan Million
<elleyeoh at ornl.gov> wrote:

> I am trying to learn more about the innards of Kerberos.  I have started
> to read RFC 1510, but it is over 11 years old and I was wondering: has
> Kerberos changed enough since then that reading this RFC would be a
> waste of time?
>
> Anyone have an opinion on this?

You should instead read
draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-07.txt
draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-07.txt
draft-raeburn-krb-rijndael-krb-07.txt

These documents are in the RFC-Editor queue awaiting publication.
Collectively, they define the next version of the Kerberos specification.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>
   Chair, IETF Kerberos Working Group