krb5-1.4 build fails on AIX 5.2 ML 4

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 6 15:34:01 EST 2005

    Jorma> I hope someday krb5-1.4 will be useable on AIX.  Anyone
    Jorma> interested?

Before every release we announce several beta test releases.  We
welcome bug reports and patches for these beta test releases.

If there are insufficient AIX users/developers who take these beta
test releases, report problems and work on solutions, then MIt
Kerberos will not work well on AIX.  That's how community-supported
software works.  If you want MIT Kerberos to work well on AIX, I
suggest that you try out the betas as they become available, report
problems and to the extent you are able, provide patches.

Betas for MIt Kerberos are announced on krbdev at mit.edu;
krbdev-request at mit.edu to join.

Sam Hartman
Kerberos Team Lead