Kerberos Question = Stale Tickets

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Wed Dec 28 00:42:55 EST 2005

The only thing I can assume is that the "stale" tickets are expired.
In other words, the current time is greater than the expiration time
of the ticket.  In that case, in order to obtain a new Ticket Granting
Ticket for use in obtaining additional service tickets, the user or
process must authenticate to the KDC (in Windows the Active Directory
Domain Controller.)  Multiple failed authentication attempts can result
in an account being marked as disabled according to the local domain
policy.  However, an account will only be marked as disabled if the
user or process provides incorrect authentication data.

Jeffrey Altman