Key version number for principal in key table is incorrect - windows 2003 + linux clients

sandypossible@gmail.com sandypossible at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 02:15:52 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have seen the earlier  replies to the similar issues and tried to
debug myself. Could not solve the issue, so posting once again.

I am trying to run the gss api sample applications using windows 2003
server. I have two linux machines and I am trying to tun gss sample
server  and client applications. I have set the default enc types to
des-cbc-crc and des-cbc-md5 in the krb5.conf file. I have created a
keytab file entry foe sample  using ktpass.  I have verified that klist
-ke gives the des-cbc-crc key versions. I have captured the trace and
verified that windows 2003 KDC is returning the enc types "des-cbc-crc"
in the AS-REP.

I have created the keytab file only once for sample/<fqdn>. But when I
try to connect to the sample server, I get the error: Key version
number for principal in key table is incorrect.

Could anybody please help.

- Sandy