installation question

Huub "v.niekerk at hccnet.nl" at ra.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Dec 19 06:30:23 EST 2005

Hi,

I have 2 questions on the installation of Heimdal:

1: I'm running an NFS-workgroup (various *nix pc's) with 1 Windows pc.
Can I run a Heimdal/Kerberos server in it or do I have to physically
separate them?

2: I'm trying to install Heimdal/AFS op NetBSD 2.1/amd64 but despite
reading the FAQ's and various docs on it, I keep having problems
installing it. BTW, I haven't installed AFS yet.
When I run kadmin, I have to "add --random-key
host/<hostname.example.com>". But when i do that, it says it can't find
the KDC, while I'm doing on the KDC. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Help is very much appreciated

Huub