kinit:Password incorrect

Celia Clark celia.clark at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 11:22:10 EST 2005

Hi All,

I am getting the following error message when doing a kinit with my keytab
file:

"kinit:Password incorrect"

I have tried to recreate the user,*host*, in Active Directory, map the
principal to that user, and generated a new keytab file, but still I get the
same error.

I have been using the following ktpass commands:

ktpass -princ HTTP/host.domain.com at DOMAIN.COM -mapuser host

ktpass -princ HTTP/host.domain.com at DOMAIN.COM -mapuser host -pass * -out
:c\host_HTTP.keytab -mapOp set -ptype KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL -crypto DES-CBC-MD5

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Celia