ssh-gssapi fails when user have "instance " part

jay alvarez kerber0sb0y at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 00:26:49 EST 2005

Hi,
    I created a user with an instance "mis"

 jay/mis at OUR.REALM

 and tried ssh'ing to one machine configured to accept gssapi ssh authentication, however, to my surprise, gssapi authentication failed. Now what I did was to create another principal, this time removing the instance "mis"

 jay at OUR.REALM

 and the authentication succeeded.

 I tried creating an mis group and putting "jay" into it (just trying my luck) but still authentication fails.

 Any idea how ssh should handle user accounts with instances??

 Thanks.