kerberos and web services

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Tue Dec 6 19:40:58 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 00:25 +0100, Achim Grolms wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 December 2005 16:51, kresimir.pendic at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > - is it posible to have kerberos for auth mech. over internet, and
> > especialy for port 80.
> > - does it alse need some other input or output for 3way communication
> > it relies on, or only this port would be ok.
>
> <http://www.kerberosprotocols.org/index.php/Draft-brezak-spnego-http-03.txt>
>
> <http://www.kerberosprotocols.org/index.php/Web>

Those documents describe completely different technologies than what the
OP was looking for. He was looking for a way to perform AS and/or TGS
over port 80, not how to authenticate HTTP requests with Kerberos.

On the other hand, I think that there is no merit in performing Kerberos
requests over port 80. Broken firewalls should be fixed, not worked
around. Unlike what some people seem to think, HTTP is not the solution
to all the problems in the world.

Fredrik Tolf