new leash 3.0 issues

Matthew Cocker matt at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Dec 4 20:41:40 EST 2005

Hi

I have been having some fun with the 3.0 MSI based install. It seems
that the debug(?) dlls provided are not used by the installed program i.e.

mfc71d.dll
msvcr71d.dll
msvcp71d.dll

where not used.

When you start leash it asks for msvcr71.dll which I found in
kfw-2-6-extra.zip. It then asks for mfc71.dll which I got from the same
source. Now leash 3.0 will start but it is not happy. After reading the
documents on the web I chucked msvcp71.dll in to the leash directory and
now all seems happy, but shouldn't this package
(http://web.mit.edu/kerboros/dist/kfw/3.0/kfw-3.0-beta-2/kfw-3.0-beta-2.msi)
be using the debug ones or providing its own dlls?

Cheers

Matt