zlogger and Kerberos

pll+mit@permabit.com pll+mit at permabit.com
Wed Aug 31 12:50:15 EDT 2005

Hi folks,

Is anyone here familiar with zlogger?

We're trying to get zlogger working here as a central zephyr logger.
I've added a new zlogger principal, and added that principal to the
keytab on the host, but it appears that zlogger is munging the request
for tickets somehow, as this is what I'm seeing in my auth.log on the KDC:

   Aug 31 12:37:50 never-talk-to-strangers krb5kdc[243]: TGS_REQ \
   (1etypes {1}) 10.0.8.34(88): UNKNOWN_SERVER: authtime 1125506270, \
   zlogger/wisdom-like-silence.permabit.com at PERMABIT.COM for \
   krbtgt/PERMABIT.COM^Q at PERMABIT.COM, Server not found in Kerberos \
   database

For some reason, there's a ^Q inserted in the krbtgt principal name.
Is that the "UNKNOWN_SERVER" that kerberos is complaining about?  If
not, what is, and if so, where do I look to find what's inserting this
^Q ?

--
Thanks,
Paul