kinit coredump

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 26 18:48:32 EDT 2005

In article
<OF199AB44D.D4AB5724-ON88257069.00648A82-88257069.006518CA at mscsoftware.c
om>,
 jason.brown at mscsoftware.com (Jason Brown) wrote:

> I am having a problem with kinit on AIX 4.3.3. I have compiled the
> Kerberos 1.4.2 distro with IBM C compiler (Version 5) ... gcc 3.4.3 fails
> because it cannot find threading support.  Used both gnu make, and IBM
> make.
> When I run kinit to test the install I get "Illegal Instruction,
> (coredump)".  Any ideas ?

You have to find each configure file and, where it has
   *-*-aix5*)   , change that to  *-*-aix*)

Re-run configure, and make.  If it's still happening, something
went wrong - maybe old configuration, maybe missed a configure file.

IBM's implementation of some DNS functions uses a different size
state struct than the include files define, which guarantees memory
corruption when you try to use these functions.  The configure
script forestalls this on AIX 5, should also do so on AIX 4.

   Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu