Memory Leak problems with krb5_get_init_creds_password?

brian.joh@comcast.net brian.joh at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 10:36:02 EDT 2005

Yeah, I wasn't sure what the standard practice is, and whether
it was necessary to keep calling res_ninit() multiple times per
context.  I suggested that route because it is more conservative.
It keeps all the functionality the same, while reducing the leak.

Res_ninit() is supposed to read the DNS config files, and it
was my *impression* that most applications want to always
have the latest DNS config.   For example, if you change
your name servers in /etc/resolv.conf, my *impression* was
most running applications will "see" the new name servers
with a restart.   MIT and Heimdal currently do this.

Brian