Mail.app with multiple accounts using Kerberos

David Botsch dwb7 at ccmr.cornell.edu
Fri Aug 19 11:32:30 EDT 2005

We are also dealing with the same problem here -- on Mac, Windows, and Linux.

What I don't understand is why the kerberos client doesn't seem to be able to
keep multiple tickets for multiple realms in the same cache and choose the
right tgt/service ticket based on the dns name -> realm mapping

Is the only way to accomplish this via crossrealm auth?

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 05:22:36PM -0400, Ross L. Hatton wrote:
> I've been trying to get Mail.app to work simultaneously with my IMAP
> accounts at two institutions, each of which uses Kerberos
> authentication.  The best I've been able to do as of yet is to
> acquire tickets for each realm, then manually switch primary tickets
> and the online status of the mailboxes.
>
> Is there a more  efficient way to get Mail or another program to
> correctly present the appropriate ticket to each server?
>
> Thanks,
> Ross

David William Botsch
Consultant/Advisor II