Memory Leak problems with krb5_get_init_creds_password?

Chet Burgess cfb at usc.edu
Wed Aug 17 15:19:18 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 11:51:08AM -0700, Donn Cave wrote:
> That's weird, but there are some potential surprises.  For an
> example I ran into myself, if your initial request fails, it
> will be retried to the configured "master_kdc".  Of course if that
> isn't in krb5.conf it will go to DNS ("_kerberos-master._udp".)
>
> "master_kdc" is fairly recent and likely not configured at a
> lot of sites where the krb5.conf goes back a ways (or maybe
> where there is no master KDC, though such sites may as well
> configure a value anyway.)

	Interesting. We do not in fact have a "master_kdc" specified
in our config files as they date back almost 7 years at this point. I
will have to add that to our configs.

--
Chet Burgess

Manager, Enterprise Collaboration Services
Information Services Division
University of Southern California
cfb at usc.edu
213-740-5160