Unable to build 1.4.2 on FreeBSD

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 11 15:12:25 EDT 2005

>>>>> "Dennis" == Dennis Davis <D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk> writes:

Dennis> However I'm not sure that things are as simple as getpwuid_r being
Dennis> (quite rightly) undefined.  At first glance the code in krb5-1.4.2
Dennis> doesn't look much different to the code in krb5-1.4.1.  And I didn't
Dennis> see this problem with krb5-1.4.1.

In krb5-1.4.2, a wrapper was made for getpwuid_r and used
unconditionally, hence the exposure of the BUFSIZ problem.  Prior to
krb5-1.4.2, import_name.c only used BUFSIZ if getpwuid_r was detected
at configure time.  I suppose platforms which provided getpwuid_r but
didn't declare BUFSIZ in the headers which were already included would
have failed compilation in earlier releases as well.  The lack of
BUFSIZ due to not including stdio.h was a problem that didn't come up
in our testing, but it will be fixed in a future release.

---Tom